Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ayden's Memorial Page


When Ayden was in the hospital, on life support, while we were waiting for test results, my husband and I talked about the worst case scenario. It was important to both of us that Ayden be an organ/tissue donor; we wanted to help someone, we wanted something good and beautiful to come out of our tragedy, and I’m sure a part of us likes knowing that there’s a piece of him still on Earth and living. When we were told, what I had felt in my heart all along, that Ayden wasn’t going to recover, we brought up organ and tissue donation. For reasons that I honestly do not remember we were only able to donate Ayden’s heart valves, but they were successfully harvested and we hope one day to hear that a happy ending came out of this.

A couple of days ago we received an invitation to a memorial service for donor families done by Life Link lifelinkfound.org the organization that handled the donation. They put together a book remembering the donors and you are invited to submit a page. Thankfully my sister-in-law to be is a graphic designer and does amazing things! *Check out her website…http://​cg-graphics.weebly.co​m * and best of all she was happy to do it for me because I just can’t bring myself to do any kind of editing with his pictures. She is also the one who made Ayden’s memorial video * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-F-D_QExpU&feature=share * which is perfect. She sent me the picture very early this morning and I LOVE it!

2 comments:

  1. It’s become somewhat of a rarity to find original online article content anymore. I’m very surprised to find this well-written impressive article. You have many logical points here that compelled me to consider your side. evertalk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great move. This is one way of making someones memory alive for eternity. Also a great way to do it is to make a memorial page at obituary

    ReplyDelete