Thursday, August 2, 2012

It's Not My Unbirthday!!!


Today is my 22nd birthday. In my 22 years I have learned a lot and I continue to learn every day, every one does. But here are some of the things I know… you love and you lose, over and over again throughout your life. Sometimes what you thought would last forever, doesn’t. The world will smile with you when you are happy, but it will not stop for your grief. Under the right circumstances, six months can seem like six weeks. Trying your best may never be good enough, and sometimes letting go is harder than trying.  I know that I have a best friend for life, someone who no matter how long it’s been or what we’ve been fighting about will give me a huge hug and pick up where we left off. I know that I wouldn’t be where I am if it weren’t for the people in my life, and the ones who aren’t privileged enough to be anymore. I know that goodbye can be the best and worst thing to say, all at once. I know that there is no hell worse than losing your child. I know that I can get through this, be strong and move forward. I know that laughter is the best medicine. I know that I have a big heart and there is no greater feeling than helping another person. We all have flaws, no one is perfect, and sometimes beauty is only skin deep. I know there will be bad days, hell I’m sure there will be bad weeks or months or years, but there WILL be good in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment