Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Mother's Birthday

Tomorrow is my mother's birthday and since we haven't spoken in eight months it's kind of hard to think about. It's very strange not to be baking a cake, not to be planning what to make for dinner, not to be stressing over what in the world to get her. It's also strange that Ayden isn't here for it, because he was last year. Last year during one of Ayden's ultra early morning feedings I took the picture below and emailed it to her at work so that it would be waiting for her first thing in the morning. I remember thinking it was such a cute idea, that it would be a tradition. But we don't get to have to have traditions with Ayden, we get traditions without Ayden, we got two months of one time things. I got her a birthday card, because I got one, and because it would've felt weird and wrong not to do that at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment