Friday, October 5, 2012

Nude With a Twist

I love nude nail polish, but it's kind of boring, so I decided to liven them up a bit. I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Cafe Au Lait, Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in Black Heart, and NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel in French White Tip.

Step One: Apply one coat of base coat.
Step Two: I applied two coats of Cafe Au Lait three quarters of the way down my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers.
  
 
Step Three: Then, two coats of Black Heart on my ring and index finger.
Step Four: I used a ball-point pen and the NYC French White Tip to make polkadots on the black nails.
*The best pattern to for polkadots is three dots across, then two dots, and then three again until you reach the nail bed*
Step Five: The bow. It's way easier than it looks. I drew a black line where the nude polish ended and made a large black dot using the same pen. I did three dots close together to make the circle big enough. Then I used the pen to make two small dots on either side of the large dot to make the folds of the bow.


Step Six: Apply top coat! And you're done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment