Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sixteen and Pregnant

*This has NOTHING to do with the show, just stole the title :) *
It's payday! That means grocery shopping...it seems all the trashy teen mom's had the same idea. I really am not trying to sound judgemental, it's just an observation. Obviously, there are great teen moms, there ARE girls that beat the odds; but where I live, that's not usually the case. Seeing 15-16 year old girls with child/ren pisses me off, seeing them with their own mothers taking care of their child/ren really pisses me off! Seeing teenage mothers that couldn't care less about their children pisses me off even more. Not just because there are millions of great people and couples that would love to adopt a baby, but because my husband and I both were the COMPLETE opposite. Seeing multiple examples of this on one outing was really hard to get through. But I did.
It's truly infuriating to see a father walking in front of his -/+2 year old daughter, not holding her hand, and basically leaving her behind in a crazy, busy supermarket. Why do careless, thoughtless people get to spend decades with their children, but I only got two months with mine? It's one of the millions of questions I don't get to know the answer to. I'm always hurting, I'm always sad (some days are better than others) but today I'm also angry, frustrated, and just generally pissed off. It's SO hard seeing people (NOT JUST TEENAGERS) being careless with their children, taking them for granted when we never did, yet it's our son that died. I feel cheated and it's a hard feeling to deal with.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. Nothing new to add, but it makes me mad, too.

    ReplyDelete