Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Asthenia


I’ve been having a rough past couple of days. The Fourth of July did it I think. I’ve always associated the 4th with my impending birthday. Last year I turned 21, I was very pregnant, and Ayden’s baby shower was the weekend after my birthday. There aren’t any big holidays or birthdays between my birthday and Ayden’s. I can’t believe he’d be almost a year old, I can’t believe that instead of planning a 1st birthday party, I’m worrying about how September 28th 2012 is going to go. I’m terrified that I’m going to just fall completely apart. Then… the thought of his “angel day” coming so quickly behind it comes creeping into my head and it chills the shattered pieces of my heart. Surely that day is going to be awful as well, I worry about that day too.

I can’t believe how fast time moves, everything seems like it was just yesterday. It feels like I was just worrying and wondering how Christmas would be, and now the year’s more than half over. When I think about that, how much time has passed, I can’t believe I’m here. I can’t believe I’ve lasted this long with my heart as broken as it is. It seems impossible. SO much has happened to me, to my husband, to our families, and Ayden hasn’t been here for any of it; which in some cases is a good thing, but still, it’s the principle of the matter.

…Ok, I’m not going to leave you hanging. My next couple of posting will go into better detail of what has happened since Ayden’s passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment