Saturday, July 14, 2012

Patience Is A Virtue... Damn, I Wish I Was More Virtuous


I’ve been wondering what if these first 8 intensive weeks of Vitex and everything else I’m taking don’t work, what’s my next step? I suppose that the next step should be temping and ovulation tests. It’s little overwhelming, especially since Ayden was a surprise. He was a wonderful, amazing surprise…but a surprise he was. Taking 6 different pills, two of them twice a day, is surreal enough for me. Don’t misunderstand I realize how difficult conceiving with PCOS can be; I understand the stress, the physical and emotional toll it takes and the desperate desire to be a parent. I just don’t want to be TTC anymore, I want to be pregnant (if you couldn’t tell, patience is not my forte). I just want to have a baby so bad, to help fill my empty arms, to help keep me from diving head first into the huge hole in my heart, to be able to experience everything I should’ve with Ayden. I realize being pregnant and having another baby is going to be extremely hard but at the same time I need it. I need to fill in this hole. I know Ayden is irreplaceable but I’m pretty sure having his little sister or brother will make the pain more bearable; surely it’s better to grieve with half-full arms as opposed to empty ones.

1 comment:

  1. We had our rainbow baby exactly one year ago today. And while she is no replacement, planning for her arrival brought joy to us. And it definitely made the pain more bearable. She is a ray of light.

    ReplyDelete