Monday, July 9, 2012

Our First Yard Sale Weekend


So I recently decided I need a hobby. I need something to do that I don’t hate (i.e. laundry, dishes, etc.). Something I always talked about doing with my mom, but never did, was make Ayden a dresser. Meaning we’d go garage sale-ing, find a cheap dresser, strip it, and give it an awesome makeover. Well I thought I could do it to start replacing our furniture. I enjoy being creative, I always have. And this will be creative and time consuming, which is exactly what I need. I got laid off very early in my pregnancy with Ayden, and I am still unemployed so I have lots of time at the moment.

So this paycheck, we had some extra money. We drove around for a few hours Friday morning after my husband got of work and we did pretty well. We spent $20 on the dresser and $3 on the mirror. Not sure what I’m going to do with the mirror after I strip it down, and I’m torn between just staining the dresser a little darker and changing the hardware or painting it (because I have an awesome idea).






Then Saturday morning we picked up a cool storage seat, a shelf that can be hung on the wall, a table and two chairs and a cute little foot stool.

I was super excited about our $15 table and chairs, now we can get rid of our dining room table. I hate that table, every time I look at it unwelcome emotions, memories, and images flood my head. I hear the panic in my hubby’s voice when he found Ayden, I replay the 911 call I made, I see my husband giving CPR to our son who is not moving, and I remember my hysterical ride in the ambulance. Needless to say, I will be very happy to see that table go. I want to keep the table and chairs light, just spruce them up a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment