Monday, July 23, 2012

Teriyaki Salmon


I recently got on the scale and was horrified… I fully admit to being a stress/ comfort eater; chocolate is pretty high on my list of favorite foods. We buy our meat at Sam’s Club, we stock up for the month, its way cheaper than Publix, and much better quality than Wal-Mart. So this shopping trip was geared toward really being serious about a diet. We are trying to get away from red meat and my hubby mentioned wanting to eat more fish. We bought a salmon fillet for around $17, it’s just me and the hubby so we were able to slice it into three pieces (we probably could've done four) and freeze it. I don’t have very many fish recipes, most of my recipes come from my mom and we weren’t big fish eaters, but I am a fan of allrecipes.com and have found lots of great recipes using it. That is where tonight’s recipe comes from; we had teriyaki salmon, brown rice, and salad.


The recipe calls for four salmon steaks, but as previously mentioned, I’m using a fillet. I’ve never used the recipe so I didn’t tweak the measurments, I’d probably half it next time. But it turned out really good and my hubby liked it and said he’d eat it again!


Teriyaki Salmon



½ cup: vegetable oil (I used olive oil)


¼ cup: soy sauce (I used low-sodium)


¼ cup: lemon juice


1 tsp: ground ginger (I used this fabulous ginger paste that you can find in the refrigerated section of the produce area)


1 tsp: dry mustard


¼ tsp: garlic powder (I used a little more, because we like garlic)


4 salmon steaks


Place salmon in a Ziploc bag, and add the ingredients above and let marinade for an hour. Place the salmon on a foil-lined broiler pan and set marinade aside. Cook salmon under broiler for 3-5 minutes, flip and brush with marinade, then brush with marinade and cook for another 5 minutes (or until fish flakes easily with a fork).


It was super easy and we’ll be having it again!

2 comments:

  1. I had bad luck on scale too. Trying over again today. We can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan,

    Something brought me here tonight... And I got choked up just reading a few of your posts. I lost my son Camden 1 year, 2 months and 2 days ago. He was on life support for 5 days before he was taken off. My heart breaks for you, and for any one else that has ever felt this pain. There is nothing that compares to it. What I can say... I have learned to feel joy and pain together. The first 6 months... All I did was drown in despair... Lay in bed, cry at the drop of a hat, drank myself stupid (lol) and tried to cut off every one who loved me. It was awful. I don't love or miss my son any less today than I did the day after I said goodbye. I just FEEL so much more... I was numb to anything other than pain for so long.... But that part at least, does change. :) Keep your head up. If you ever want to talk... Find me on FB- Kayla Welch.

    ReplyDelete