Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Miss You


When I was younger (10-ish) my mom used to say “You look like you lost your best friend!” when I was sad. I always hated that saying, I’m not sure why, maybe because it was said a lot? But now I feel like I have truly lost my best friend. We haven’t seen or spoken to each other in weeks, and any interaction we have had has been on Facebook, apparently liking a picture or a post is much easier than taking those same two seconds to text me a simple “Hey”.

The rift is my fault, I know that, I gladly accept the blame; I KNOW I WAS WRONG! But how long am I supposed to try? I’ve tried everything I can think of and… nothing. I get a “Like” on the cute best friend pictures I post on her wall, I get “got it :-)” when I texted to say I got a new number, my requests to hang out get ignored. We’re supposed to be best friends, we need each other, and I just can’t deal with getting hurt by her. I suppose it’s kind of like my mom, how many times can you reach out just to get pushed away again? Short of kidnapping her, tying her up, and making her talk to me (promise this is a joke)… I have no clue what to do!

Her mom passed away recently, and I was selfish. I let all my problems get under my skin; I had a complete meltdown getting ready for her mother’s memorial. Then one more problem occurred and I said screw it, I made my husband text her, and I went to bed. I realize how awful this was, but I don’t have a re-do button; I can’t do it over again and be the friend I should’ve been. All I can do is try to fix it, but it can’t be one-sided and that’s what I feel my efforts are. Relationships (whether they’re friendships or romantic relationships) are all about give and take, meeting people halfway, and both people being willing to put in the effort; things will never work with one person putting in more effort than the other. I’m just at my wit’s end and having people fade from my life seems natural now, how horrible is that? 

And I want to publicly thank my husband for being so wonderful to me today (and every day!) and making me happy during a REALLY bad day. I love you and don’t know what I’d do without you! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment