Saturday, July 21, 2012

Project Update!






I wanted to do an update of my furniture and décor projects to get you up to speed. I haven’t painted anything yet; I wanted to get the sanding out of the way so I could just throw myself into the fun creative stage.
The first thing I sanded was a foot stool; it is now completely stripped and ready to be transformed. I have this idea in my head of it becoming extremely girly and princess-themed. Next was my hanging shelf. I want to paint this an off-white, make it a little distressed looking, and maybe do some apple stenciling so it will fit right into my kitchen. I have also thought about butterfly stenciling and putting it in our bathroom. Next was the mirror, which had been painted twice and primed in between, it seemed to take forever to get down to wood. I’m thinking black for the mirror, with some silver damask scrollwork and a nice, light green on the inside of the frame and the black parts that are not sanded yet because I haven’t gotten my Dremel, it’s coming on my birthday though! And last night I started on my dresser, my biggest project thus far, I’m still undecided on what to do with the dresser but I’m sure I’ll think of something. I hope you are having a beautiful day and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment